Peeps are a classic Springtime treat, and now your dog can have some too! (Well, kind of.) This homemade Peeps dog treat recipe is sure to get your pup’s tail wagging with excitement.
Homemade Peeps Dog Treat Recipe
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1 banana
- 1-3 eggs
- 1/3-1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp honey
- Pink, Blue, Purple, and Black Food Coloring
- Pastry Bags
- Bunny Cookie Cutter
- Mix until well combined. Keep adding an egg, and 1/3 cup of peanut butter, and mixing until mixture reaches the constancy of cookie dough.
- Roll out flat, about 2 cm thick.
- Use your bunny cookie cutter and cut out bunnies until all your dough is used up.
- Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Next add your cornstarch, water, honey, and pink food coloring to a mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined. (You can add more water if the mixture is too stiff. The mixture will be runny while stirring and stiff when left sitting.
- Repeat with each color.
- Add each color icing to a pastry bag.
- Cut the end of the pastry bag off, and ice each cooled dog treat as shown.
- Let icing harden.
Click here for more recipes!
Recipe courtesy of Adventures of a Nurse.