It’s National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! We know that nobody loves peanut butter more than dogs, so here’s a super easy recipe for homemade peanut butter. It’s a quick and delicious way to show your dog some extra love.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe For Dogs
- 2 cups unsalted, roasted peanuts (this will give you 1 cup of peanut butter)
- 1 Tbsp of unrefined extra virgin coconut oil (optional)
- Place roasted peanuts into a food processor
- Turn the food processor on and process for 1-2 minutes
- Turn food processer off and scrape sides
- Repeat until you have a nice creamy peanut butter
- Mix in coconut oil.
Ways To Serve
- As is in a small bowl
- In baked treats
- Freeze in an ice cube tray as a frozen treat
- As filling in a kong or other feeding toy
You can store your homemade peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 month. If you chose to not store it in the fridge it should stay good for about a week in an airtight container. If you add coconut oil it may separate, that’s ok, just give it a stir!