If you’re making dinner and have leftover ingredients, don’t waste it, you might be able to use those ingredients to make treats for your dog too! Here’s an easy recipe for chicken and wild rice dog biscuits:
- 6 oz Boneless Chicken Breast, boiled or grilled; cooled
- ½ cup Cooked Wild Rice; cooled
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- 2 ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine chicken, rice and chicken stock in a mini food processor or blender and pulse until a paste forms.
3. Add the flour, salt, egg and chicken paste into a bowl and mix well.
4. Sprinkle a little flour on a flat surface and knead dough until it’s no longer sticky; then roll it out with a rolling pin about ½-inch thick.
5. Cut out shapes and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Mine yielded 32 biscuits using a 3.5″ cookie cutter.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until light brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Click here for more recipes.
Written by Vincent M.