One of the best parts about Thanksgiving is sharing a delicious meal with your loved ones. That means your dog too! No, we don’t mean table scraps, but you can use leftover food to make your dog their own Thanksgiving dinner that is just as yummy as yours. We found the perfect recipe to make this holiday even more special with your dog.
TURKEY GOBBLER DOG TREATS
- 3 parts cooked, minced skinless turkey scraps (or 1 part raw, ground turkey)
- 2 parts pureed pumpkin or sweet potato, you can include finely diced cooked peas, carrots, kale, or spinach as well
- 1 part rolled oats
- 1 egg
- Enough chicken stock or water to moisten
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- For cooked turkey, add it to a food processor and finely chop.
- Mix together finely chopped cooked turkey OR raw ground turkey, egg, and rolled oats. If you have additional vegetables, you can add them to the mix as well
- Pour enough chicken or water stock to make a moist, malleable mixture.
- Form meat mixture into small meatballs.
- Cook meatballs for 20 minutes (longer if using raw turkey) or until a toothpick inserted into the mixture comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve. Freeze remaining portions.
Thanksgiving dinner is served, bone-appetit!