Here’s another dog treat recipe using pumpkin that your pup will love this Fall season, pumpkin-apple oat bars! Pumpkin promotes healthy digestion in dogs, so their tummy will love it as much as they do.
Pumpkin-Apple Oat Bars Recipe
- 4 cups rolled oats, or as needed
- 1 medium apple, cored and grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 4 cups oatmeal in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in grated apple. Mix in canned pumpkin and egg until well combined; mixture will be thick and slightly sticky.
- Roll dough on a surface sprinkled with remaining 1/4 cup oats to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut shapes with a cookie cutter and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp and golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.