Does your dog have an upset stomach? Pumpkin is packed with fiber and is a great food to help ease stomachaches in dogs. Here’s an easy no-bake pumpkin treat recipe to promote healthy digestion in your dog:
- ¾ Cup Coconut Oil
- ⅓ Cup 100% Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Ginger
- Place the coconut oil and pumpkin in a sauce pan and heat on low until the coconut oil is fully melted.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture well so that the oil takes on an orangish tint and absorbs some of the pumpkin flavor.
- Place your silicone mold on a flat surface.
- Put a pinch of ginger in each paw of the mold before spooning in some of the heated pumpkin.
- Spoon in the pumpkin into each cavity, then proceed to gently spoon in rest of the oil to fill the cavities almost to the brim.
- Place in the freezer for an hour. Once the treats are solid, they are ready to serve! Store any unused treats in an airtight container in the freezer.
Click here for more recipes.
Written by Vincent M.