Baking treats for your dog can be fun, but if you’re trying to get your dog to eat healthier cooking them a real meal is something you can do too! With simple ingredients like chicken, rice, and vegetables, it’s easy for you to make homemade dog food. Here’s a recipe we found on Allrecipes that we know your dog will love.
Benefits Of Homemade Dog Food:
- You know where the food is coming from
- You know exactly what is in it
- You can customize recipes to fit your dog’s taste and dietary needs
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Servings: 5 | Yield: 10 cups
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower combination
Place ground turkey, water, rice, and rosemary into a large Dutch oven. Stir until ground turkey is broken up and evenly distributed throughout the mixture; bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add frozen vegetables, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Refrigerate until using.
For more recipes click here.